2151 29th Ave btn Quintara & Rivera
An Enrichment Program for Ages 3-5
One Opening Available August 1, 2016
Accepting Applications for Fall 2017
Growing Minds is not a typical Family Day Care and it is not a typical Center. Growing Minds combines the very best of both options to give your child a unique experience designed to ignite a love of learning and foster a curiosity about the world around us.
Growing Minds is a project based program that changes and adapts to meet the needs of its enrollment. In a nurturing family atmosphere, we offer stimulating preschool activities and exciting field trips that expose children to a wide variety of experiences ranging from music and art to science and nature. Our science projects have included The Rainforest, My Bones, The Coral Reef, Color and Light, Meat Eating Plants, and many other engaging topics. Our field trips have included The Academy of Science, The DeYoung Museum, The SF Symphony,The Velveteen Rabbit Ballet, The Legion of Honor Art Museum, The SF Botanical Gardens, The Conservatory of Flowers, SF MOMA, The Magowan's Mirror Maze at Pier 39, and our Local Fire Station. We also frequent Sloat Garden Center, Safeway, and many Playgrounds. We attend Weekly Story Time at the Parkside Library. As well as being prepared to enter kindergarten, your child will develop a desire and passion for learning about the world in which we live, and will have the social skills to interact with both adults and peers.
Highlights of the GM program include
· Field Trips to a variety of activities and locations
· Nature and Science projects including experiments and gardening; monthly classes with Mad Science
· Art and Cooking projects; monthly Pottery classes with Skyline Ceramics
· Literature Projects such as making books, to give your child a love of reading and words
· Music and Dance, including Creative Dance with Ms. Chin-chin, singing with Ms. Aubrey, and JAMaROO classes in Spanish, Music, and Movement. In addition to the special teachers that come to Growing Minds, Teacher Kim has completed and passed the "Music Together" Teacher Training Seminar
· A Beautiful Deck for running and games, and a Lower Outdoor Play Area with a Garden
· Weekly Gymnastics Classes with My Gym
· Zoo-Phonics and MathStart
Schedule a Visit for You and Your Child
Academy of Science
The SF Symphony
Magowan's Mirror Maze
Sloat Garden Center
Conservatory of Flowers
Clancy's Pumpkin Patch
The Botanical Gardens
State of California Child Care Provider License #384002050
Growing Minds does not post full face photos of children on this website.
Photos are taken throughout our activities and are shared with parents daily.